adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Customer Service
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

I want to change the sterling sign to euro on my receipts.

Customer Question

i want to change the sterling sign to euro on my receipts. i cleared my sam4s er900 and cant get it back.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Claire,See page 145 and page 146 (item 8) for details on how to change the currency symbol:http://parklandbm.com/downloads/SAM4s%20ER-900%20series%20Operators%20Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, I went through that manual and i do not know what they mean by options or status! also i have no idea what to press re Dollar sign. I have no dollar sign on my till.
Thanks Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my issue is that i havent got a clue abt this register and i thought you would be able to tell me exactly what buttons to press to do this not the codes.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Claire,That's ok, I can tell you exactly what buttons to press:1. Turn the control lock to the PGM 'P' position.2. Press 4 0, then press the SUBTL key.3. Press 8, then press the X/TIME key.4. Press the euro symbol on the alpha keyboard overlay, then press the SUBTL key.5. Press the CASH button to end the programming.6. Turn the control lock back to the REG position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Pete when i press the euro key then sub total i get the message "warning sequence error"
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
A sequence error usually means the register thinks it is in the middle of a transaction - or at least a part of the register thinks so. Does it otherwise operate normally in REG mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, in that case you will need to enter a three digit alpha character code.However I don't have a list of those codes available...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it mean you cant help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
I have gone through the manual and i done an Ram Clear instead of initial clear do you think this could be my problem
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one. Let me check if another expert can assist you further...
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i had no internet yesterday where i was. i would very much like to continue.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Close it.