Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought a freeview hd recorder 1tb model DMR-PWT635 from

I bought a freeview hd recorder 1tb model DMR-PWT635 from currys pc world, I bought it as a return. but when I came to use it the previous owner had entered a lock code so I cannot play some items I saved . is it possible to unlock this machine ????.I bought it from currys snipe retail park ashton u lyne receipt number 037920
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIt is only when trying to play some recordings that you get the lock? Or you cannot use the unit at all because of the lock?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is only when I try to play recordings that are locked by what they call a child lock IE FILMS WITH SEX OR VIOLENCE IN THEM. ordinary recorded programs such as soaps and films not with a child lock on replay ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, use 0000 as this is the default and should be acceptedIs this accepted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have tried 1234 oooo and 0000 9999 and several more none of these work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to Settings, Digital Tuning, Parental Lock and decrease the lock so it is not in use.Also try to change the pin via Settings, Pin EntryLet me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I carry on this tomorrow night ???? as I have to go visiting at hospital tonight sorry to be a pest but it is family .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats ok, no problem at all Alan, till then
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome Alan. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.You would need to reset PIN Code of recorder through following procedure to resolve the problem. Grab the recorder remote control and follow the procedure mentioned below..While the unit is on, press and hold OK, the Yellow button and the Blue button at the same time for more than 5 seconds. “00 RET” is displayed on the unit’s display. Repeatedly press Right Arrow button until “03 VL” is displayed on the unit’s display. Press OK, “INIT” is displayed on the unit’s display and PIN Code will be reset to default which is 0000.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done thank you ,machine working well now,again thanks .i thought you was a scam at first now I know you are for real,well worth the money.please thank Richard for his help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked on u tube (under child lock reset Panasonic recorder) that will explain to you what I did I think that will come in useful for you in the future.you was very close full marks to you both.(does that now give me a refund ) ? nice talking to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan, and your most welcomeThe instructions I gave would have worked so it appears you found a youtube video showing the procedure that was explained.My livelihood is dependent on this site as its a paid service, but of course it is up to you if you wish to pay for the service received.If you do wish to compensate me, please provide me a positive rating via one of the stars at the top, else you can use this link to request a refund.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refundThank youRichard.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer