Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The programme time on the screen does not relate to the actual

the programme time on the screen does not relate to the actual programme showing therefore it will not record the programme
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the make and model of the device with the issue?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hitachi HDR 255
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksThe clock gets its time from the TV signal, so it looks to be an issue with the firmware.Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the init, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it has returned to the correct programmes but it always does this if i turn it off and on at the mains but as it must change when the tv is off and is set to record a programme while we are out we do not know it has not recorded until wew return however the recording has been removed form the timer list as if it has actually recorded
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you do a test and see if it now happens please as you may not have had it off long enough before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is still ok but how do we know that it will not happen again when we are not here and able to turn it off and on we do have other tv sets with just plain set top boxes and this programme difference does not happen to them so it would seem that it is just the HDR255 that is the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I will mark the question to remain open, so if the issue does occur again you can let me know here at any time, this is no problem.Just test and let me know if it occurs again pleaseIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you