nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I've just bought a Samsung J3 phone. The Getting Started leaflet

I've just bought a Samsung J3 phone. The Getting Started leaflet has told me to charge and then insert the battery, which I've done, and to power the device up, which I've also done (currently at 89% power). It's now telling me to insert my micro Sim card, a tiny little red and white job. But I can't work out where or how to insert it. There's one slot to the top right of the battery which the card won't go in. And there's another slot to the L of that, which is the right shape but which I can't open and am afraid of trying to open in case damage it. I'm sorry to be an idiot - I'm also an old woman with arthritic fingers, which isn't helping. I've tried to find an online user manual to no avail Could you advise me, please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jackie. Welcome to justanswer.The sim will go into the slot which is above the battery. There is a microSD card slot above the SIM card slot. Check the attached image and reply for further assistance.
There is one more model. If this is your phone then reply and I will guide you further. Check the image I have attached now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, that's not exactly like this phone either. Thanks for trying to help but I have to give up now not only because I'm getting very tired but also because an unexpected visitor has just arrived. I'll address this problem again tomorrow.
Okay. Reply whenever you get time and I will guide you through.
Send me a picture of the slots if you can.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've got 3 mobile numbers from VM so far. One by e-mail yesterday, 2 on separate Sim cards today. The one on the Sim The number on the card I'm trying to put in is 07910 088885. I've already lost the other Sim card at least till my cleaning woman comes again. I'm a severe arthritic and it's so tiny I dropped it, can't now find it and can't move the piece of furniture I suspect it's skidded under without help. It's a lovely looking phone and I'm longing to use it but if I'd known how much hassle it was going to be I might not have attempted this!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay. I think you're noble to be working at this time anyway. What happens now?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, I know I sent him that number! I still want to know what happens now, however.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I haven't had a phone call on that number after 5 minutes, I'll give up (again!) and start again tomorrow.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm giving up. Again. Thanks for trying.
Jackie check this image. This is the image of the model you have provided i.e Samsung J3
You need to remove the battery first then insert the sim card with golden contacts facing down. Just slide them in. There are two sim slots. Both the slots that you were talking about are SIM SLOTS. Reply I am here to assist you.
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.