Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Panasonic TV - Model TX-42AS500 - appears to have gone into

My Panasonic TV - Model TX-42AS500 - appears to have gone into standby mode and I am unable to recover from that. I turn the TV off and on using the TV buttons rather than the remote and I get a few seconds of screen before the screen goes dead and I get an intermittent flashing red light. The TV does not respond to the remote after that. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- How many times the red light is flashing between long pauses, for example; 3 blinks, pauses and repeat the blink pattern?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One blink, 5 second pause, one blink and so on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. One blink error code indicates problem with backlight system in TV. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.If TV is out of warranty then its should be troubleshoot by qualified TV tech to determine is it either backlight inverter/ power supply board issue or LEDs inside display panel (screen) has gone bad and causing the problem, a repair estimate will help you to make decision about this TV or invest that amount on new replacement TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help Shahid. I feared the worst so am not surprised by your diagnosis. Roger