nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My Samsung television won't connect to my Wi-Fi network. It

My Samsung television won't connect to my Wi-Fi network. It knows it is there, but won't join it. I have switched off the router and the TV but it still won't work. The model number is ***** Do you have any suggestions? It used to connect fine. Thank you. Tracy
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Try factory resetting your Tv. 1. Turn off the Samsung TV.2. Press "Mute," then "182" and "Power" on the remote. The service menu appears.3. Choose "Factory Reset." The Samsung TV will be reset to its original, factory settings.Ensure you do not touch any of the other settings when you are in this service menu except reset.The TV will restart and just set it up all over !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan. Thanks for your reply. I have switched the tv off and tried your answer, but get BBC1, not the service menu. As soon as I press 1, the TV switches itself back on. Am I daft?
Okay then try this. Make sure your TV is on standby (i.e. off, but plugged into the wall)Step 2: Using your remote, press the following buttons in exactly this order: INFO – MENU – MUTE – POWER.Note: You have to press them rather quickly one after another, and make sure the remote is properly pointing to the TV.Step 3: The TV will now switch on, and after a moment, display the service menu. If after about 10 or 15 seconds the service menu doesn’t appear, switch off the TV and try again.Step 4: Press the Options button (It’s the first option).Step 4: Press the Factory Reset Button (Again, it’s the first option).Step 5: The TV will now switch off.Step 6: Switch the TV back on, and begin the full setup process from the beginning.It goes without saying that a factory reset will wipe all your presets and any favourites you have set. It will effectively return the set back to what it was coming out from Samsung’s factory.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic. Thank you so much. Internet is restored and We can now watch Amir Khan!
That's great. Amir Khan is indeed a very fine actor. Thanks for the ratings as well as bonus. Enjoy. Cheers!