Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My LED red light keeps flashing (3 times ) I've tried unplugging

My LED red light keeps flashing (3 times ) I've tried unplugging the mains etc TV won't reset any help appreciated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome Bob. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55x9005c
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Sony KD-55X9005C TV?Please confirm it and we will troubleshoot the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, 3 times flashing red light is an error code that indicates problem with audio section located on main board of TV. Lets try easy thing first, unplug TV power cord from main socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check.If LED is still flashing 3 times that means it is hardware related failure (audio processor chip failure) and main board of TV will need to be replaced. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then this repair may cost you around 120 to 150 Pounds.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well not really I will report to Sony and they will get someone out to me I guess.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure Bob, have you tried unplug - replug TV power cord procedure?If it didn't work then Sony guys will fix it for you either TV is in or out of warranty. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shut of mains 3 or 4 times, unplugged to and to mains 3/4 times unplugged sky and blue ray and unplugged all the HDMI cable , re booted internet God knows how many times and led keep flashing. Tv turns itself one for 3 secs it won't reboot and then turns itself off again. Led carries on flashing.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Is the LED still flashing 3 times or blinking pattern is bit different now?