nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have purchased a Samsung s7 mobile phone and I am having

I have purchased a Samsung s7 mobile phone and I am having a problem with the Bluetooth connection to my car. The phone loses its connection with the car after some 3 minutes. Is there a time out setting on the Bluetooth which causes this disconnect? What would be a likely solution to resolve my Bluetooth problem with this phone/car interface
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi James. Welcome to justanswer.Go into Settings – Bluetooth delete all prior pairings and try setting them up again from scratch. And if any “permissions” appear during this process make sure its set to allow. If this doesn't solve the problem, then reply for further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I received your advice. Let me make it clear, my request was to seek your technical help to resolve e a Bluetooth problem with my new Samsung s7 mobile phone and NOT to enter into contract with monthly payments of £20. My understanding was that the technical advice would cost the sum of £20 and I accept that cost. Take this email as a clear instruction to cancel any contract that I may have stumbled into this afternoon by mistake. Please respond.
Nothing to worry James. You will be charged one time only and that too when you feel helped. There is no contract.
Now coming back to the question. Did you follow the steps I gave you earlier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your instructions but the problem still remains on the phone
Is this problem common for all the other devices that you pair with your s7? or does it work fine with other devices that you connect with your phone via bluetooth?
If yes, then try to boot S7 in safe mode and then check. This will ensure that no third party app is the culprit causing the Bluetooth connection to get terminated.To boot in safe mode, follow this step:Turn the device off.Press and hold the Power key past the 'Samsung Galaxy S7' screen.When 'SAMSUNG' appears on the screen, release the Power key.Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
Did you boot your phone in safe mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went through your process to boot the s7 into 'safe mode' but could not get the safe mode flag in the bottom left corner of screen. Sorry about my delay in replying.
No problem James.Here is the link to a video that will guide you. Watch it and boot your phone in safe mode. CLICK HERE
Hi James, please update me with the status of the problem and respond asap as the question will get closed if you don`t.
If further assistance is not required then please rate the chat POSITIVELY by clicking 5 stars present on the panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan, your advice to resolve the phone/car connection has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.
That's great James. Glad to help you out. Thanks for the 5-star rating. Cheers!
PS: and bonus too. Thanks a lot.