Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 49" Plasma TV . A few months ago a ***** *****ke a finger

Customer Question

I have a 49" Plasma TV . A few months ago a ***** *****ke a finger print would come up now and again, it would shake being in the same place, but now it is much larger going around the screen. Please could you give me some advise.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The serial no is PS43D440A2Age 4.5 years oldKind regardsSuzi
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Suzi for the info.Please recheck TV model number as it could be PS43D450A2 or some thing similar.Is it possible for you to take picture of TV screen and attach it here so I can view that mark which will help to diagnose the issue bit quickly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiYes, the serial no you said is correct. I cannot connect you to my TV or take a picture of it , sorry
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is the '***** *****ke a finger print' appear always at same place of screen regardless of what video input source is being watched on TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The finer print was in the same place, but now the finger print has enlarged to a cloud shape and goes to different areas on the screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Suzi for the info. Unfortunately it is sign of display panel (the screen) internal failure and entire screen will need to be replaced in TV to resolve the problem. This wouldn't be an economical repair as plasma display panel would cost around 70% of new TV price and TV tech labor charges will increase the repair cost so at this point you would be better off with a new TV of same size instead of spending money on this TV repair unless if it is still under warranty as under warranty you wont pay for repair. Please check TV purchase receipt and warranty card, if TV warranty is still valid then give call to number written on warranty card/ receipt to get warranty cover and if warranty has already been expired then a new TV will be better choice.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.