michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My husband is in Macedonia at the minute with no access

Customer Question

HI, my husband is in Macedonia at the minute with no access to a computer and his Garmin Motorrad Navigator V (few months old and first time of real use) is saying 'route memory full' - and won't calculate his next destination for him. Please help! He's badly stuck!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.The error message appears when the device has reached it's maximum available memory for the route that is being calculated. Each time the device needs to change direction on the route it will store a point in the memory which, if a long route is created, will fill up the allocated memory. To fix this error, please split the route into two or more smaller routes.
If that works well and good other wise you will have to perform a hard reset on the device. Please note Performing a hard reset will delete your favorites and settings and that will clear any memory full error. To proceed hard reset follow the steps given below.Turn the device off and unplug it from the power. Touch and hold the lower right hand corner of the touch screen and while holding it down, turn the unit power on. Continue to hold until prompted to erase user data. Tap yes and allow the device to restart. Now you may try and enter your route again.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the reply Michelle, I'm waiting for him to ring back to see if any of that works for him. if I click on the securely connect button how exactly will that connect with the device? I don't have it, I'm at home in Ireland, he's travelling in Macedonia with it?
you can email this chat conversation to him so that he can follow the steps and make the device work again.