nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

This is Windows 7. Lost HP printer software Photosmart

This is Windows 7.
Lost HP printer software for HP Photosmart C5180 so had to re-install from scratch. Everything is now working fine with the latest HP Photosmart C5180 software except for one annoying feature in the HP Solution Center. I cannot now get the status of the ink levels on the HP Solutions Center. Have tried with an USB connection and an Ethernet connection without any success. I do get a message on screen if I remove and replace the ink cartridge but the message I get on the HP Solutions screen is "Ink levels not currently available.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Laurence. Welcome to justanswer.Follow these steps:Click the Windows icon ().Click Devices and Printers.Right click your product name, which has a checkmark.Click Printer properties. Select the product, and then click the Ports tab.Select the Enable bidirectional support box located on the lower left side of the window.​Reply if the problem persists.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have already done this. This box is already ticked
Where did you install the software from? From CD or you downloaded it from the website?Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Solution Center?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded the latest software from the web. Have reinstalled the HP Solutions Center already twice
1. Type %temp% in the run field2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)3. Open folder Util4. Open folder CCC5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash playerCLICK HERE 9. Download the full feature software and driversCLICK HERE10. Run the download to reinstall the printer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather not securely connect. May I cancel my £27.00 on my Credit card please. I already have a support contract with my local IT shop.
Please let me know what I need to do to cancel this credit card amount.. I understand I had a 7 day free trial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
Can you verify that my £27.00 charge is just a 1 off and not a on going monthly payment.
You don't want to continue further?
Yes I assure you that this is a one-time payment. And there is NO monthly payment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** already have a support contract with my local IT shop. I will purse this with them. It is not a major problem as everything else works fine.
Laurence will you please tell me what do you want to do? Do you need further assistance?Please rate my services positively as it affects my performance and update me with the status so that I can guide you accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No further support required
Okay. Thanks for the ratings. Cheers!