*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I know how to reset the parental code but cant reset the owner pin

Customer Question

Hi, I know how to reset the parental code but cant reset the owner pin, any idea will help.
Kind regards ***** ***** bless, Ali
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What is the model number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic DMR-BWT735, I am a electronic engineer myself and I have access to all service manual but cant find anything to reset the owner pine code, in most of models of Panasonic service manual it says how to do it but not on this model and the BWT740 which are using the same MPEG board.Regards, Ali
okay, You should be able to reset the PIN to 0000 by doing this.1 While the unit is on, press and hold [OK], theyellow button and the blue button at thesame time for more than 5 seconds.• “00 RET” is displayed on the unit’s display.2 Repeatedly press right arrow until “03 VL” isdisplayed on the unit’s display.3 Press [OK].• “INIT” is displayed on the unit’s display.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is the Rating password ( The audiovisual level setting password *****
initialized to Level 8 ) which I already done this will only reset the pin entry or called parental pin not the owner pin, there must be something else as Panasonic agents do it and they usually charge me £10 every time, today I had an DMR-XS350 done which again there is nothing in service manual.
okay, can you get to the set up menu using the remote?Choose set up, system info, then initialize.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hil, what happened?
Were you able to get to the set up menu using the remote? Choose set up, system info, then initialize.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for delay as I was middle of repairing another unit, on theses machines when you go to system information, you only get the information of the version and the IP address so is not accessible, then initializing have done that every time i have reset the ratings but the owner ID is still there