*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

40" medion tv approx. 7years old. Watching recording from Sky

40" medion tv approx. 7years old. Watching recording from Sky plus box .Picture went off and replaced by message not seen before. Bue letterbox panel message reads."please ensure aerial is plugged in. Do you want to start automatic search." Options YES; or NO.
This doesn't look like a Sky message and doesn't respond to the Sky controller. +/- buttons on TV. only move message between YES AND NO. Seems to be TV rather than Sky.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like it has lost signal from the sky box, Try this first please, disconnect the power from the TV at the wall outlet for 15 minutes then reconnect the power and power on normally. Let me know what is on the screen when it powers on please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that several times. No change. This always works when the Sky system fails as it does occasionally. This seems to be elated to the TV, not sky.
okay, try this please, if you have the original tv remote try changing the source or input a few times and see if it has gotten off the sky input accidentally, you can also use the hardware button on the tv panel`