nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I'm trying to set my Sony Internet TV up to use Internet TV

I'm trying to set my Sony Internet TV up to use Internet TV but wasted 3 hours so far. I'm going round in circles. I keep getting error code 2200. Amy ideas please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.This error code message appears if the Internet signal is lost. Follow these steps:Power cycle the router or modem by turning it off and on again.IMPORTANT: Wait several minutes after the power cycle before checking the Internet connection status.Power cycle the TV by turning it off and on again.Repeat the Network Setup function.NOTE: The Internet connection is checked during the Network Setup process. Additionally, any issues with old or inaccurate IP addresses will be resolved.Change the Default Domain Name Server (DNS) to a Public DNS. Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.Select Settings.Select Network.Press the Enter button.Select Network Settings.Select Wired/Wireless Setup.Select Custom or Enter Manually.Enter the IP Address.NOTE: The IP (Internet Protocol) address is provided by the router and can be located using a computer. Refer to the manual supplied with the router or contact the router manufacturer for additional information.Enter either of the following Public DNS numbers: 4.2.2.2 or 8.8.8.8 NOTE: Using Public DNS can often improve Internet routing speeds and help resolve this issue. However, you may still want to write down your Default DNS for reference later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I found the above information a couple of hours ago and tried it then. I just tried again. I'm not sure I was doing it right though!
For IP address I put the router one and the 4222 I put on Primary DNS.
At the end the wireless device on Tv was found again but local and internet access failed :(
Is there any other device connected to the same router? like the computer. Then check if the internet is working there or not.
Test the Network connection to the TV to confirm that the network status is OK. This can be done bypressing the HOME button from the supplied remote and selecting Settings > Network > Network Set-up >View Network setting and status > Check Connections > Select Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an iMac computer connected to the router. The computer I am using now and is fine. The Sony TV is an internet one so I'm not sure why it won't work.
Perform the network test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The network test?
Yes the steps I just gave you.Press the HOME button from the supplied remote and select Settings > Network >Network Set-up >View Network setting and status > Check Connections > Select Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless device on TV. Found
Local access OK
Internet access failed
Have you checked for latest firmware update.Browse to the Sony Support website: http://www.sony-europe.com/ Select your Country and your local Sony webpage will open.On top of the pagen, select Support.Enter your TV model in the Find Support box (for example KDL-42W805A) and confirm.In the Software and Downloads section, select Firmware. Carefully follow the online instructions to download and install the latest firmware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, let's try that next!
Yes try this and see if there re any updates available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but that all got too complicated and mentioned USB sticks and stuff I don't understand
Its not at all difficult. A file will get downloaded. You need to transfer that file to your tv via a usb storage device or pendrive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded it but after that I'm clueless. I don't think I have a USB and no idea what a pen drive is
Do you have any storage media like HDD drive?
Usb stick is an external storage device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a USB Card reader/writer, still sealed. Is that what I need?
Do you have a sd card? if yes then you can use the reader.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I'm so sorry, it's like a foreign language to me. A SD card?
It is a memory card mostly used in cameras.
Do you have any of the devices listed here. CLICK HERE TO SEE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just took it from camera, 32 GB sandisk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Porsche Design external hard drive I use to back up?
ok now put it in the card reader. Connect it to your mac. Transfer the firmware file. Now connect it to your Tv via usb port and press input.
You can use either of the two. Use any one. 32 gb card or external hard drive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You make it sound so easy! Sorry I'm so hopeless. So I put the SD card in the card reader. Connected it to mac. Will try to work out the transfer bit!
Not to worry, I am here to help you out. Just ask me if you get stuck anywhere.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really appreciate your patience Nathan. I am your worst nightmare :(
I can't see how to transfer the file. I can see it in the downloads in the dock
Select the icon. Copy it. Now go to the drive section. You will see your SD card there. Open it and paste it there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it twice in the Downloads folder! The one on the dock doesn't copy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, think it pasted in that drive....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I stick the USB in the TV? This is all new to me! Let's hope I don't blow it up....
Great. Now eject the drive. Disconnect the usb cable from your mac. Look for the usb port in your Tv. Connect the card reader to the Tv via this usb port.
Everything will be fine. Just follow the steps I am providing you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again...it's in the back of the TV...
Once you are done with connecting the card reader, turn on your TV and press input.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Inputs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click USB?
Yes click usb
Go to the SD card then, and open the file which you just transferred.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I could cry :(
I found it but it says no folders to display?
That's bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm too confused
Send me the model number of your Tv that you entered in that Sony site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying it again. TV is KDL-26EX553
CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same thing. It shows the downloaded file but says no folders
Download again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When downloading it doesn't give me the option to put on desktop. It says nothing.
Once the download is finished.Open Explorer, locate the downloaded s sony_tvupdate_2012_2120_eua_auth.zip, and unzip it. A folder called sony_dtv0FA20A02A0A2_00001100will now be created in your local drive.Copy the folder to your USB device.
You need to unzip this file as it is a compressed file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have Explorer. And don't know about unzipping files. I think you must be losing the will to live. Shall we give up? :(
Is it still under warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no, had problems at home and couldn't set it up until this weekend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think its just over a year old. I hardly sleep so liked the idea of TV in my bedroom at night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've wasted so much of your time I feel bad. I could be hours doing this and getting nowhere!
Its not your fault, these things are a bit technical. It's my job to help you resolve your problem but I am sorry I was not able to help you out. This is not a big fault. Just an internet issue.
Now do what I am saying. First of all, give a call to your internet operator and tell them about this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do. Thanks Nathan and sorry to be such a pain
If the fault is not at their end then call Sony support.Here is the number of Sony supprt.+44 (0)(###) ###-####pening hours:AMonday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00 I would suggest you to call them and ask them for help and they will sort out everything by themselves. as it is not a big issue so they won't charge you much if it is out of warranty.
No you were not a pain. It is my job to help you out but I failed to guide you through completely.Would you like to rate my services positively?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll call them Monday. Thanks so much and I hope your next callers are easier than me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you were helpful :)
Thanks. Will you please click the stars present on the upper panel to rate my services. 1 star is poor and 5 star is excellent.
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give you 5 for putting up with me!
Thanks a lot for the rating. I hope I would be able to help you out in the future if you ever use justanswer.Cheers! :)