nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

There. My TV don't seem to work with wired connection.

Hi there. My TV don't seem to work with wired connection. I always get the message 'network cable disconnected'. I replaced the cable and checked with Internet provider. I still get the message. My TV works in wireless mode. Thx
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Unplug the power cord from back of tv, wait for a minute and then again turn it on.Now connect the LAN cable. Check if it works or not. If not, then try changing the tvs dns to 8.8.8.8.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplug and plug didn't work. When you say the change tv dns, how do I do that pls, do I need to go wireless?
Go to Menu-network- network settings, tv will show that is connected to the router but not the internet, select IP settings and only change the DNS Server numbers from auto to manual and change the numbers to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4
Do you see your network listed in wired networks when you go to TV`s network setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed to 8888 dns server. It says that I'm connected to the Internet and that the wired networks to and internet connection settings are complete. I still get the message that the cable is disconnected.
Are you able to use internet via wired connection? Turn off wireless to check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean to connect a laptop to the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If so, I don't think I can check, as I only have a tablet.
No. As you said that it is saying that you are connected to the internet. So I was asking if you are able to use internet services on your smart TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, in wired mode I can surf the Internet and watch films on Amazon TV, though I get that message that the network cable is disconnected every few seconds.
Okay then do one thing. Disconnect the LAN cable from the TV and try to clean the LAN port (on the TV) by cotton swab. Also swap the ends of the LAN wire (put the end which is in the router and plug it in the TV's port)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done. I still get this message.
Then the problem is either with the connector or the LAN port. The wire is getting loose and due to this you are getting this message. When you insert the LAN wire, do you get a CLICK sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do.
Is your TV under 1 year warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's not.
The problem is with the RJ-45 Ethernet socket on your TV (LAN port). It needs to be replaced. You can contact any local repair shop and they will replace it for you. It won't cost you much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll do. Thanks for your help.
I was just doing my job. Nice talking to you. Cheers!