Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My husband has a Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder DMR-EZ49VEB and

my husband has a Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder DMR-EZ49VEB and he is getting error message nav1. It will not play.
Help please as he is 84 and cannot work out what is wrong
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He now has the disc counting up the time but nothing showing on screen.
He also has been able to play it on TV in another room. So is he doing something wrong connecting player to TV?
I'm just the middle man so bear with me - he is a technophobe!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I can call you as an additional service if this is easier?I made the offer, if so, let me know else we can continue here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd rather continue here otherwise it will get too expensive and he might end up having to get a new one and that will be more expense.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, the issue will be the TV will be on a different input channel then what the recorder is connected to.Make sure you have a film playing, then on the remove for the TV, press wither Input or Source and keep pressing it until it is on the Input channel the Recorder is connected to, and you see the movie.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is OK now!! Without doing what you last said - he put the player back with the TV it wasn't working with and it now is working.
I'm sure it is his fault! But all well now. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!It will also have auto detected the input when connecting it again, so the instructions but in a different mannerGreat we got it fixed!!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you