Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung s5 wont power on. I have tried everything.

Customer Question

My Samsung s5 wont power on. I have tried everything. Connecting it to my pc, holding the power and volume button at the same time but it still will not power on. It simply turned off on me yesterday and I have not been able to turn it on since. can you please help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi this has not worked im afraid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, repeat but when you try to turn it on use Volume DOWN and power please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has not worked either..it is still completely turned off.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you connect it to the USB port on your computer, wait 2 minutes then try to turn it on please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that a few times this morning and still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it then, as it rules out all other causes It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for your help anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeIf you need anything else, please let me now and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit.Thank youRichard