Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Can I connect unpowered speakers to my Panasonic smart TVs.

Can I connect unpowered speakers to my Panasonic smart TVs. There is only an optical audio connection on the TV
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.I'm afraid you can't connect unpowered speakers to TV, however, you can connect soundbar through optical cable to optical audio out jack on TV to get TV sound.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** have a soundbar, but the output from the soundbar is just bare cable jacks (sorry, I don't know the correct term) where you push the bare wire into a hole with a clamp which hold the cable tight into the soundbar.
Could I buy an optical cable to fit the TV end, and cut off the soundbar end of the cable to expose the wires and put those into the clamp on the soundbar?
Paul
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Paul, bare wire of soundbar means a simple wire that you connect into Speaker Terminals of a sound amplifier?If so then I'm afraid you're talking about unpowered speaker bare wire which can't be connected to TV.Soundbar is different thing, it has builtin amplifier, power supply etc and has inputs like HDMI, AUX, Optical Input etc, please check following link to view different soundbar info.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/280-2696322-4096625?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=soundbarI hope these info will help to select a soundbar of your choice.Thanks.