nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a fairly new Panasonic smart television and do not

I have a fairly new Panasonic smart television and do not know the code for unlocking
parental guidance.
I have tried 1234 2222 0000 - none of these will allow me to watch films
recoded after 9pm!
Please help.
Beess Chatfield
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bess. Welcome to justanswer.You can reset the parental lock by following the steps given in this video. CHECK THIS OUT
or you can try doing a factory reset.Press and hold the "VOL -" button on the TV itself and the MENU button on the remote, both for 5 seconds. The "Self Check" screen should appear. Now press and hold the POWER button on the front of the TV until the TV powers down. TV will restart and you should be good to go.
Hi Beess, just checking in. How did things turn out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Nathan,
My grandson followed your advice on Sunday but I still could not open the recording of "The Hollow Crown." afterwards
What has happened is that HDD is pixilating now!
I will try myself tomorrow. I do not need Parental Control facility at all.No children here. Visiting grandson is 21!
Could I remove Parental Control facility altogether? Bess
factory reset will remove the parental lock. Could you provide me with the model details of your Panasonic smart Tv.
Bess follow these steps:Press Menu. Now go down to Setup. You will see a list of options. Scroll down to System Menu. Then there will be an option of Shipping Condition. Select it. Press Yes. Now the tv will restart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nathan,
Going through shipping reset (or whatever you call it) has stopped the pixilating and everything was reset except it still has
parental control - followed your latest advice and have entered a new code . Will not be able to test it until I record something "unsuitable for children" as I have deleted anything I was unable to view already.The model of my Panasonic Viera is TX-32C5510B 32 Series LED and the Recorder model is DMR-HWT250 and DMR-HWT150.I'd still prefer not to have to put in a code to be allowed to view anything I like but will skip that as I don't often need it anyway.
Thanks and cheerio,
Bess
Bess you can disable it by going to Menu- Setup- Child Lock. Turn it off. The default pin is 0000.Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks
Thanks al mot Bess for the 5-star rating and bonus. Have a good day. Cheers!Regards Nathan