nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I dropped my SZ1 on the floor and now have a dark spot at

I dropped my SZ1 on the floor and now have a dark spot at the centre bottom of the picture. It stays in the same place if I zoom out. What could be wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill. Welcome to justanswer.I am afraid you have damaged the screen on your camera when you dropped it. The only solution is replacement of the screen. But it won`t cause any malfunction in your camera. The spot will stay there and maybe after sometime the screen will completely go bad (May or may not). So if you want to remove the spot then you will have to get the screen replaced. If it is not bothering you much then you can use your camera and it will not affect the pictures you take.Reply if you have any query.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spot appears on the printed picture not just on the viewing screen. so am I looking at an expensive repair? I could replace the camera for around £70 I think.
Then the problem is in the Lens. The lens will need a replacement. Yes it will cost you much. If you can replace the camera then that would be the best option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your advice Nathan.
My Pleasure Bill.Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.
Thanks a lot Bill for the ratings and bonus. Cheers!