Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a sharp tv and i am only getting sound with no

i have a sharp tv and i am only getting sound with no picture this happened a couple of days ago but it seemed to right it self but not this time any advice
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy still sound only
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIf you press the menu button on the remote, do you see the menu appear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I want you to turn on everything that's connected to your TV set -- Cable box, DVD player, and any games you have.We're going to test the inputs, because we may simply be on the wrong INPUT. After the TV starts, press the input button and select each and every Input on your TV set for a picture and sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have an input button i do have a source button but as there is no picture i cant go through all the sources
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you