nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My daughter has a Samsung J1. It downloaded an update and

My daughter has a Samsung J1. It downloaded an update and when it went to install the phone froze and will now not turn on.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Liz. Welcome to justanswer.Have you tried charging it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
charged it fully
Do you see anything on screen when you plugged it in? Or does the notification light glows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No notification light. Just black screen with Samsung galaxy J1 in the middle and 'powered by android' at the bottom. Cannot turn this screen off and it drained the battery from 100% to 0% in 12 hours
Press and hold the Volume Up+Power+Home button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. See if you get any options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response. Still same screen
Okay. Then take out the battery, remove the sd card and restart your phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you mean remove sim card. Done that just now and still back to same screen
No I mean the memory card which is on the left of the sim card. Remove the battery again, Don`t put the memory card into it. Put back the battery. Now press and hold VOLUME DOWN AND POWER button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds and check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but can't see that this wee phone has a memory card inserted. Tried holding down buttons as suggested - same screen!
Okay no problem. Try performing the factory reset. This is the last step which can be performed to correct this issue. Hope this works.Take out the battery so that the phone is turned off. Now put the battery back.Then press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button until you see the Android Image menu. Release the buttons.
You will get a list of options. Reply if you reach here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This time came up with 'system install' robot so I thought we were winning. But then reverted to same frozen screen as before
I am giving you this link to a video. Watch it and check if you are doing the same way. CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am doing initial buttons correctly. But when I get to the green robot it says installing update. Then when it gets to 100% it reverts to !y frozen screen.
Then I am afraid the ROM firmware of your device has been corrupted. Is it still under warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was only bought 2-3 mths ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help
Great. Then the best thing to do right now is to contact Samsung. They will install a fresh copy of firmware into this phone and you won`t be charged for it. CLICK HERE TO LOCATE YOUR NEAREST SAMSUNG CENTER.
Please rate this chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It will be cheaper to buy a new phone - nearest support centre is over 200 miles away
CHECK HERE. You may find a nearest center. (These are Samsung`s partner repair center)And thanks for the 5 star rating Liz.