Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Freesat Box will not switch on. I tried changing

My Freesat Box will not switch on. I tried changing batteries in the remote and it worked briefly but the switched itself off again and will not switch on. What is wrong? (It is a Grundig)
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the box (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried this twice.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks DebbieCan you connect it to a different power socket and tell me if with this it switches on please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this too. The blue light is on so it is receiving power but it will not switch respond to the remote or to pressing the button itself.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press the channel up button on the remote, does this then start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the blue light does not turn off as it should but it flickers a bit all the tie.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard in the recorder that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a spare box of a different make with different connectors should that work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If your TV has the connections for it then yes you can replace the current box with that one