Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung UHD TV and I wish to attach a soundbar and

Hello I have a Samsung UHD TV and I wish to attach a soundbar and a pair of headphones to it. However I don't recognise the type of socket that the soundbar plugs into. Please could you tell me what type of socket that it is so I may purchase a splitter (assuming that is that a splitter that will accommodate a 3.5mm headphone jack and whatever type of socket that I've asked you to identify is available).
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the model of the TV, and the make and model of the soundbar Michael?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All that I can tell you is that the TV is a Samsung 48" UHD TV series 7. And the sound bar is a LG 300 watt sound bar system!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both purchased 20 months ago if that helps.....apologies for the crap info.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it easier if I call you Michael and then we can find it out?I made the offer for you else we continue here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problems call me Michael thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please accept the additional service request and I can call Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that in addition to my initial fee?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
for the phone call else we continue here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a problem with us continuing here?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, but then I need the model of the TV please, check on the back of it and you will see a Label, it will have the model number on it, please provide this.For the Soundbar you need this cable to connect to the TVClick me to openBut for your headphone part of the question, I need to know the model of the TV please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Be right back.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model no = UE48HU7500T .....Type = UE48HU7500
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksThe cable you use for the soundbar is this cableClick me to openFor the headphones, you can connect to the Headphone port on the TV directly, it will cut out sound to the TV's own speakers, as it comes through the headphones.Do you need to have both the sound bar and the headphones on at the same time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a headphone port on this model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have feeling I've been a total dick.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The specificationshttp://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/uhd-tvs/UE48HU7500TXXUIndicates it does, it will have a headphone pictures, usually its on the side or behind (the manual does not say where)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do not know what you would say that about yourself, you have been a pleasure working with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hehe....I think that I have my answer now thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome MichaelIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks bye.