Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

At our church we have a TEAC CD-RW890 recorder which has

At our church we have a TEAC CD-RW890 recorder which has developed a fault. When switched on the word "READING" flashes on and off, but instead of changing to "NO DISC" after a few seconds to allow me to put in a blank CD, "READING" continues to flash indefinitely, which means the "OPEN/CLOSE" button will not work to allow me to put in a CD.
Can this be repaired and, if so, at what estimated cost? I hope you can help me.
Philip Lander.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please