nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My Samsung Portable HDD M3 - 1.5 TB, Model number

My Samsung Portable HDD M3 - 1.5 TB, Model number HX-M1511CB/G cannot be accessed by my new HP Laptop Spectre X2 12-A005ND. That laptop does not recognise this HDD in its directory.
I need a compatible driver or something that you need to tell me.
Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
My email***@******.***
William Schlusser
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi William. Welcome to justanswer.

Is it being recognized in other devices?

What operating system is installed in your new laptop?

Samsung has not released any updates for Windows 10 yet. If you have Windows 10 in your new laptop then you will have to wait till it releases any update.

Hi William,

Is there anything else I can help you with. Reply for further assistance.

If not, then please rate the chat by clicking the five stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Any idea when Samsung will do something about their incompatibility with Microsoft10?
2. It is a grave indictment of the IT industry to make so many products/services incompatible with each other that I consider that industry one of the most self-serving industries there are. On the hardware side power adaptors are the typical example that comes to mind. Printer cartridges are another.
How do I convey that complaint to Samsung Electronics in Seoul?

Since this is a common issue, Samsung would be soon releasing an update for Windows 10. You can ask them by CLICKING HERE.

And you can directly email CEO of Samsung from here. CLICK HERE

Please rate the chat POSITIVELY by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks