Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a kguard NS801 system and my internet provider is BT,

Customer Question

I have a kguard NS801 system and my internet provider is BT, so I don't have a static ip address, nor will they give me one.
I'm trying to set up the kguard DDNS to use remotely on my iPhone when we're away.
I've downloaded the Kview app, but haven't a clue how to input the details into the app.
Perhaps there's a better app.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Aubrey,

It's still possible to set up port forwarding on your BT Home Hub 5 to view the NS801 system on your iPhone whilst you are away. This is required, no matter what app you use to view the cameras.

Here are the instructions:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub/KGuard_KG-SH_DVRs.htm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already set up port forwarding, a stated in my question detail, but still not able to view cameras from my iPhone.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried accessing by any other app or by a web browser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got my dvr connected directly to my router via Ethernet cable ad I can see the cameras after choosing compatability mode on my IE browser. But, I haven't got a static IP and this changes throughout the day. When you say £19 to fix remotely, is this the total amount, as Justanswer are holding £20
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not too savvy with the techie stuff and don' know how to set up the app for remote viewing.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You can ignore the automated offer for remote fix, as I don't think we will be able to resolve this remotely as you have already set up the port forwarding.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You don't need a static IP address to access your NVR system remotely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I need Pete, is to know exactly what info to put into these apps. I've tried 2 or three, but the info they ask for is just not clear enough for me to understand, I'm sad to say. I've downloaded Kview Pro, but I'm immediately lost when setting up. Device Name - Login Type - Device ID - Scan or enter P2P -
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you viewed the software manuals beside each app on the link I provided?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may just have to persevere with the information that is out there.