Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have bought a new TV (LG 43UH750V). It has 3 HDMI input

Customer Question

I have bought a new TV (LG 43UH750V). It has 3 HDMI input sockets (no SCARTs). I have 3 externals (DVD player, Sky Box and Humax recorder) which I have separately connected to the TV inputs using high quality HDMI cables. Is it possible to arrange the TV settings so that each of these externals will be separately and automatically recognised by the TV without having to manual select the appropriate input each time - and if so, how? I just want to have the convenience of the SCART auto switching system. Thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

There is an option calls SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) that might work if connected devices (DVD, Sky box and Recorder) are compatible for HDMI-CEC feature. Enable the SIMPLINK feature to control other devices or TV will switch to correct HDMI input of turn On a device. To enable Simplink feature, press Menu and go to General settings (gear icon) and find Simplink in list to enable it. Please note that this feature will work if connected video devices are compatible for this feature.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sahid. Thanks for replying so promptly to my query. I have managed to locate and activate the Simp-Link control on the LG TV and this seems to be "doing the business"! The Sky box and the DVD player are now OK but the Freeview recorder (Humax PVR-9300T) does not seem to offer any adjustment on its HDMI output except definition. I will contact Humax about this but I will probably have to get an updated version of the box. Meanwhile, thanks again for your help and I probably will not need to trouble you futher Best wishes, Tom.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, glad to know the problem is resolved. I hope newer model freeview recorder will work as well. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sahid. I thought I might have finished, but there is still a slight problem - that is that when an external is powere down, the TV does not default to "live TV" but shows series of still photos - like a dog, mushrooms, a meadow, etc. - as if in a demonstration mode. I'm not at home at the moment but will be back on Friday when I will be able to check out the Settings menu to see if there is an obvious solution to the problem. I see you have your owner TV shop. Do you have any stock of Humax PVR-9300T recorders with a C.E.C. compliant HDMI output? Best regards, Tom.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

It seems TV has set on demo/ shop mode, please reply back when back at home to proceed. I have repair shop and do not sale units.