JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

The Onkyo A-9000R does not turn on. I hear the relay trying

Customer Question

The Onkyo A-9000R does not turn on. I hear the relay trying to engage but nothing happens. Did unplug everything and replugged the power only. Still nothing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

When you have the amp plugged in, and press the standby button on the amp itself, is there anything shown on the display, or is the red light on to the left of the display on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing on the display and no red light
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This would suggest a power supply failure.

Could you try an alternative power lead or replace the fuse in the plug, and let me know if the red light and LCD display come on when you press the standby button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem. I got hold of the service manual, and saw that there is a fuse in there, between the mains and the transformer. Well, it was blown. Even more, the specs for tha particular model called for a T2.5A (slow blow) and the blown fuse is an F3.15A (fast blow). No wonder. With the correct fuse installed the unit is ok.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Glad you got to the bottom of the issue, appreciate if you could rate the assistance you have received to date so I can close the case.

Have a good evening.