Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic TX-42A00B TV tunes 163 stations but fails to hold

Customer Question

Panasonic TX-42A00B TV tunes 163 stations but fails to hold them when return button pressed. Looks like some sort of memory failure. Help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem just started last week but I was away on holliday so have only just had to deal wqith the problem
It is a Panasonic TX-42A00B flat screen but not smart TV. It works fine as a monitor with virgin cable, or as a monitor for recording, or as a picture viewer with a USB. But on Freeview on primary input it will not keep the ( 164) chanels after tune up
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I guess the TV model number would be TX-42A400B or some thing?

Since TV loses channel data that indicates EEPROM (memory) chip failure, this chip would be mounted on main board of TV and entire main board will be replaced to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then you would need to take the TV in repair shop for main board replacement and this kind or repair may cost around 90 plus Pounds or so. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.