Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have lost the picture and sound on our Sony TV. I switched

I have lost the picture and sound on our Sony TV. I switched it off at 7:0pm last night and
and on again at 9:0pm and there was, as I say, neither picture or sound.
I have spent a long time this morning checking to see if anything is disconnected. What I have found is an aerial wire from the wall with socket. I have looked for a twin socket in TV or DVD or BT Vision and not found anything that changes the situation.What I wonder is if this is something to do with 'tuning'?I am able to access use of DVD and Catch up etc.I am a disabled person and am finding this very frustrating on Bank Holiday Monday!
Donald Eadie
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Grab Sony TV remote and press Home/ Menu button on it, does menu screen show up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Devices: Sony DVD and BT Vision
Model: KDL 32S300
serial number(###) ###-####07/2007Menu Digital Favourites
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Remote Assistance is only possible with Computer to connect it through internet. This is TV question and there is no way to connect to TV from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like an online conversation, please.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please pick the Sony TV remote and press Home/ Menu button on it, does menu screen show up?