Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Epson Stylus DX5000 has come to a stop with all lights

My Epson Stylus DX5000 has come to a stop with all lights (red & green) flashing and E showing in window
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No difference everything still flashing plus E window
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

are you able to get to the ink cartridges to remove them (meaning does the ink come to the middle when you open it)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cartridge Box to right but inks readily accessible. Have already had them out and cleaned leakage from around points with cotton buds but no difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you change the cartridges please and tell me if you still get the error

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not have full set of spares available
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, replace what you do have an tell me if it clears it please as it only takes one faulty cartridge to bring this issue up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found full set but no change unfortunately
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it. We have ruled out all other causes for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.