Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Just fitting new cartridges first time to my epson XP-322

Customer Question

just fitting new cartridges for the first time to my epson XP-322 printer when I have fitted them it comes up ink cartridges not recognized, what am I doing wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome George

You will see plastic on the cartridges that needs to be taken off.

Take this off first please then put the cartridges in and they should then work.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plastic on the cartridge states do not remove this label should ignore this and take it off?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, thats the Label, just the plastic wrapping on the cartridges, usually it is yellow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still saying ink cartridge not recognized, it's just the Bk cartridge that needs replacing the original says 29 set up the new one which came with the printer says 18 could that be the wrong cartridge?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Which do you have now? 18?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, its correct

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard same result BK ink cartridge not recognized
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the old BK cartridge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

put it in and tell me if it is recognized please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is recognized just says need to replace cartridge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

It is a faulty cartridge that you have

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the cartridge to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard I have found the problem, when i bought the printer from PC World they included a replacement set of cartridges which as I informed you were number 18 you said it was a faulty cartridge I therefore went and boufht a replacement for £9.90 only to discover this didn't work either. After further investigation I found that PC World had given me the wrong cartridges which you
confirmed were the right ones or my printer in fact the right type are number 29 which I have acquired and the printer is working fine, So I'm £9.90 out of pocket following your advice plus some considerable time. iIn view of the above I expect your charge to be cancelled. Please confirm.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but thats not true, you can see them here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-Expression-Cartridges-Magenta-20-Pack/dp/B00NUD9HW6

1811-1814

Specially for the XP-322

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I'm so sorry I gave you the wrong printer type I gave you XP-322 should havde been XP-332, please accept my apologies I must have had a senior moment!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

that explains why I told you they work! :)

You indicated

"just fitting new cartridges for the first time to my epson XP-322 printer when I have fitted them it comes up ink cartridges not recognized, what am I doing wrong?

Hence the confusion as 18 works for that print but not for the XP332, but no problem, all is well that ends well