Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a 4 /5 year old Viera - model No:-TX-P42G30B. This

We have a 4 /5 year old Viera - model No:-TX-P42G30B. This morning all was Ok - later today we switched on and had no picture which remains the same now. Sound is on. Our local Tv repair man cannot help. Screen remains black. Can you help us - our TV repair man has said - throw it in the bin and buy an LED - surely this cannot be correct.
We thought we were doing right by paying extra for a plasma Panasonic Viera as we were impressed by the quality - can you help us keep this set.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Does screen show light at all/ any graphics appear when turn On the TV?

- Does TV stay On with black screen and sound output OR switch Off after some time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well after 6 hours of a black screen with only the green ON light showing and just having sound we have just switched on again and we don't believe it but the picture is back - do you have any explanation how this could happen - we checked on the remote and could find no button that we pressed by mistake that could have caused this. Our TV is not connected to the internet. Could this be a problem that will manifest itself again - ie: could the TV fail completely in the future??? We look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Glad to know that picture is back on TV, nice.

It seems TV was either in internal software upgrade mode (firmware files sent through broadcasting) OR the internal software has got a bug and caused no picture that it has corrected itself after some time.

If problem reoccurs, please unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and turn the TV On. This is quick and easy way to reset any software bug in TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.