Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Sam4s sps-2000 won't reboot. Can access bootloader screen

sam4s sps-2000 won't reboot. Can access bootloader screen and have a backup of the data but not sure what to do next!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Debra,

Approximately how old is the cash register?

Did you have a power outage or thunderstorm before the problems began?

Are you getting an error message on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
couple of years old. Had a reconditioned one delivered to connect the two as an old one died (fried battery).
Someone tried changing system settings to get two tills to communicate but since then neither will boot up! Really urgent as I now have no tills!!! Is there a software download somewhere - I have a data backup but no program backup and the system menu is accessible pressing the power button on the front when switching on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry - no error message - nothing comes up at all - no power surges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that you can connect to a pc via ethernet to upload software files etc but I don't have the files. Only place I could find to download them online is USA only or via CRS website if you're an authorised dealer (which I'm obviously not)

Thanks for the info..

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you.

Ok, the files aren't available, and normally the EPoS system will need to be returned to Samsung to have the boot files reinstalled at base.

However a local Samsung tech may be able to do it on-site for you -

What area are you in?

Have you tried contacting your local rep?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're in Northumberland - don't know a local rep.

Ok, Northumberland is a big place! Do you have a postcode?

Are you near Tyne and Wear? http://www.pccash.co.uk/