JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Panasonic TV, it says DV3 on the casing, and I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Panasonic TV, it says DV3 on the casing, and I have a Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB Freeview box. I am trying to connect them up and failing. Before the Freeview Box I had a Virgin Tivo (predecessor too the Tivo). Now that's gone, and replaced with the Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB, I find that the aerial coaxial cable that fitted the Tivo doesn't fit the Freeview box.
What can I do - can you help?
Thanks, Jack
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another, perhaps, minor, point is that the cable that comes with the Box, which is less than a Metre works OK when connected between the TV and Box, however the TV is wall mounted and the Box is just above ground level so I need a longer cable of around 2 Metres. Such a cable is already connected to the TV, for use with the Tivo Box, but the TV doesn't like the longer cable and makes a humming noise when connected to the Box using that cable (see attached - sorry for the poor pic but it lets you know which cable).
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jack, the coax going to a TiVo box would normally be a Virgin media cable and not a standard coax cable.

To address this you need to find a wall point which has a tv antenna linked to it and plug the coax cable between that point and the free view box.

With regard to the cable not being long enough this is an HDMI cable, they come in many different sizes, it sounds like the old one has developed a fault, I suggest you go to you local tv store and pick up a replacement 2m hdmi cable.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James