Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The set will not turn on, there are 4 flashes from the

The set will not turn on, there are 4 flashes from the standby red light
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Could you please get me the model number written on unit in question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL374000/37
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it is Sony TV, can you recheck model number which seems incorrect?

It could be KDL-37L4000 or some thing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so TV model number is *****

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we've tried that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, 4 times flashing power light indicates problem with main board of TV and replacement of main board will resolve the problem. Since TV is approx 8 years old (2008 model) so it would be tough to get replacement main board, however, check with following board supplier to see if they can get it for you..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=KDL-37L4000

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.