JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver has suddenly started a series of

My Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver has suddenly started a series of three different types of click when turned on, and will no longer transmit the sky box or apple tv box to the tv. usually it only had once click when turning on. Nothing was changed or been touched to make this happen. Before buying new HDMI cables (incase that's the issue), is there anything I should do to the receiver first before any expense
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The fault sounds like a PCB failure which would require an engineer visit, as the clicks your hearing are relays, probably the same one but trying to 3 times and failing.

If there are no messages displayed on the LCD when you turn the unit on, my suggestion is you follow the troubleshooting guide outlined on page 101 of the manual found here, this should ensure all the user configurable settings are correct and avoid you getting an engineer out for something you could have fixed yourself.

The only other thing you could check, is to see if any fuses have blown inside. Disconnect the power open up the case by removing the screws on the side and see if the 2 fuses inside have blown by testing them on a multi meter.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, further to my response above I wanted to check if this resolved you issue, and request you rate the service received so I may close the case.

If you need anything clarified please let me know.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately not. It seems I will need to call on an engineer. Thanks for your help though.