Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I purchased a Panasonic TX-P42G20B Plasma TV about 5 to 6

I purchased a Panasonic TX-P42G20B Plasma TV about 5 to 6 years ago for £1000 thinking I was getting the best TV on the market at that time.
So I am slightly peeved that it has now developed a fault.
There is a faint blueish line about 50mm wide vertically down the screen just to the right of centre
can you tell me what this fault could be due to and if this is something that is worth fixing cost wise .
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the 50mm wide bar always there or disappear after some time?
- Do you get the bluish bar at same place regardless of what video input source is being watched on TV, like channels, DVD player etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bar is always there , and it is always in the same place on all channels and when playing DVD
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it is hardware related issue and suspected boards are C1 or A board. C1 board is mounted at left bottom of rear of display panel and A board is where all video inputs are located, also known as main board.

Another possibility is misaligned flat ribbon cables run from A board to C1 board or its contacts might get clogged and cleaning/ reinserting the cables will help to resolve the problem. If it doesn't work then need to replace C1 or A board to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should they be needed are these boards available to buy and approx. how much?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You would need to get the part number off of board and search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it, you can expect 30 Pounds for C1 board and 90~100 Pounds for A board.