Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Using Goodmans Freesat GFSAT102DHS. TV is switched on.

Using Goodmans Freesat GFSAT102DHS. TV is switched on. Remote is and remote light is green. When channel is selected green light flickers but no picture appears. How can this be resolved please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you press the menu button on the remote, does the menu show?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and Freesat (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Freesat, then wait 5 minutes, connect the power to the TV, turn them both on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change I'm afraid.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.