Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I havea technics turntable [sl-bd22d] and the belt has come

Hi,I havea technics turntable [sl-bd22d] and the belt has come off could you tell me how to put the belt back on ? Thanks Carl.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome Carl. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

is the belt intact and not broken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,yes the belt is intact.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, open the dust cover and remove the turntable mat, rotate the platter a little bit to see the motor pulley on top left, pick the belt from edge of plotter with tweezers and put it on motor pulley. Click attached picture taken from related manual where I marked motor pulley that will help you to locate it in turntable.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ihave put the belt on but the turntable is running really slow,over to you. Thanks Carl.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Carl, it seems the belt has worn out, either it has got cracks or became larger due to aging that is why not attaching with motor pulley to rotate the platter properly. Another possible reason is platter could be jammed so check if it runs freely (need to remove the belt from motor for this test), if platter runs freely then need to put new belt, take this belt to local electronics parts store to get bit under size belt as replacement and this will resolve the issue.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carl,

Do you need any further assistance with this question?