Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to register a replacement handset part number

I am trying to register a replacement handset part number KX-TGA856 but error message "base no power" and the handset does not register
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Just to check, the base is showing a light that it has power correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The base unit has power and the other 3 phones are working fine. The base unit part number is *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Remove the batteries from the handset and the power to the base unit and wait 5 minutes.

connect the power to the base unit, wait 5 minutes, put the batteries in the handset, power it on and tell me if you can then register it with the base unit please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After registration process no error message now appears but signal is still struck out. When one presses the dial key the following error message appears - "No link to base, Reconnects main base AC adapter"Still no luck I am afraid after 3 attempts
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the mainboard in the handset that has faulted. We have ruled out the other causes for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.