nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My moto g battery ran very flat. Now despite recharging it

My moto g battery ran very flat. Now despite recharging it for at least 12 hours, I cannot get it to reboot by pressing the power on key for 3 seconds. I then recharged and tried again for 45- 60 seconds with power key pressed. Only sign of life is on starting another charge, the white LED on front, top left between camera eye & speaker light continuously for awhile. I purchased Aug 2014 from Vodaphone in Ipswich, Suffolk, UK. Grateful if you can help please, Neil
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil. Welcome to justanswer.

This happens when the battery gets completely exhausted. Just connect it with the charger and leave it for 15 minutes. Then turn it on. Your phone will boot up. Nothing to worry. Reply for further assistance

Hi Neil, what is the status of the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried connecting to chargerat least three times including twice overnight and still it will not reboot!
You asked about the the notification led: Assuming that the small, white LED on the top left between the selfie camera lens and the central speaker is the 'notification led,' it illuminates for many (over ten) minutes every time I plug in the charging, but it then burns continuously rather than 'blinks'.

Try pressing and holding the power and volume down button for about 2 minutes and check.

Do you get anything on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing on screen but after 2 mins the white led came on again. The charger was still connected.

Do you have a usb cable? If yes then try connecting your moto g to a computer for about 10-15 mintues.

If you don't have a usb cable then you can try a different charger

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wilco: Have already used 2nd and even 3rd charger, nevertheless USB now connected to this laptop and white led on again. Will report again at 14.15

Any progress?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly NO Progress.

Is it under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warranty as I got from Vodaphone in Sept 2014. Any further ideas?

If you are comfortable in opening it then I can provide you a link to a video.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to a video if it is Motorola or other bonfide as I don't want to spend hours watching only to be told to do what we have already been through!

It is a bit tricky and if you want to dissemble it then do it at your own risk. Or you can take it to a local repair shop and they will do it for you. Also this is not Motorola video. Just to give you an idea what actually you have to do after dissembling it.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH HOW TO DISSEMBLE IT

Please rate me positively.

Reply if you have any query.

Neil, so what are you going to do next? Did you try to dissemble it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After wathching two of the videos, I unscrewed the back, disconnected the battery, plugged in the charger and tried the power key, but sadlly without success. Reconnected the battery & tried again still w/o success. So I replaced the back and shall consult Vodaphone, probably with a view to replacing it.My ISP went on strike so I couln't tell you this earlier.
Neil

Maybe the battery has gone bad. The best thing is to get it replaced. Would you like to rate my services positively?

Neil, I will only get credited if you rate the chat positively. If you don't want to rate me positively then tell me and I will put your request for refund.