Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My samsun ua40d5000 tv which i bought in hong kong doesn't

my samsun ua40d5000 tv which i bought in hong kong doesn't pick up any channels here in the uk on auto tune....any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv in my living room is a 60inch samsung which is plugged into an arial via a socket in the wall - this one works fine. I have unplugged this arial, and plugged it into the back of my second tv to set it up, the ua40d5000, but it doesn't pick up any channels...so it's the TV not the arial that's the problem - any ideas?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

This issue happens due to difference of broadcasting standard as the TV isn't made for UK region so won't work for UK broadcasting standard. Alternate option is to connect set-top box into HDMI input of TV, select it to get set=top box home screen, plug the aerial into set=top box and run channel tuning in set=top box with its remote to get available channels in area on this TV. Set-top box would have builtin UK standard tuner and will work as video source to this TV to get local channels.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.