Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a GT-N8010 Samsung Tablet I have a Trojan app which

I have a GT-N8010 Samsung Tablet
I have a Trojan app which is blackmailing me and not allowing me to access my setting for a factory re-set! Anything I can do at home to rectify this situation?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to get to settings on the Tablet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Power button (located on the top edge) to power on the device.
  3. Hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears onscreen then release.
  4. With the Samsung logo onscreen, press and hold the Volume Down button (located next to Power button).
  5. When the device displays Safe Mode in the lower left, release the Volume Down button.

Once in Safe mode, can you then get to the settings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now able to set factory reset! Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome!

Then your all good to go

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit