Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have just purchased a Toshiba 32E1633DB LED TV - I have

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Toshiba 32E1633DB LED TV - I have put in the aerial lead into the RF socket at the side of the TV but it is coming up no signal - any idea why?
PS I am not technically minded so please be clear!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?

32E1633DB seems invalid number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the back and that is the correct number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm too dumb to understand what that means.My apologies
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm checking Toshiba 32E1633DB model but nothing come up, give me few minutes to check if there is any thing wrong in numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's also on the front of the Quick Start Guide (which isn't helpful at the moment!)
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, please press Menu/ Home button on TV remote and tell me what options appear on screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says 'no information' and an incorrect date!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Isn't it show menu option screen to go into setup menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - afraid not
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, I really need correct model number of TV to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

Can you give me link of store where you bought it from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is definately the correct number - I have it in writting from the Toshiba guide. Don't worry, I've decided to return it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, there would be an alphabet or digit missing i model number.

However, when you turn On a New TV, you would get initial/ firs time setup screen where you would need to set current time, location and run auto tuning so TV can scan available channels and save them into memory. It seems this TV has an issue that is why no menu screen or first time setup wizard pop up, return this TV to store to get replacement one which will show first time setup wizard. Channel Scan/ Auto Tuning option has to run in TV to scan available channels through aerial to watch them.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.