nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My Samsung tv model is; UE40ES5500. How do I connect my

My Samsung tv model is; UE40ES5500. How do I connect my camera to show my photos ? Camera is 0lympia digital with a lead with yellow end - the other end is a single silver 2-way. Can I use it and how do I connect it please ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ian. Welcome to justanswer.

Do you have the usb cable of the camera?

This kind of cable (Check the attached image)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The only other cable I can use for connecting camera to PC - one end connects to the camera, the other to the router

Can you tell me which camera are you using.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it`s that type of cable. Camera;- 0lympus digital, model C-740 ultra zoom

Connect the other end to your TV. You will find the usb port in the side of your screen.

Ian, did you connect the camera and TV

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did and I`m defeated Nathan- I spent an hour following various leads and got no photos just frustrations. I`m now retiring exhausted for a rest.

Ian, select the remote assistance if you want and I will help you better.

Do you have the lead that I showed you in the picture

Ian reply when you would be free for troubleshooting this issue. It is a simple process and I will guide you through.

You need to connect the smaller end of the usb cable to the camera and the bigger end to the Tv. The image I have attached shows where you have to connect the bigger end on TV

nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
let`s go ahead-I have to go out now,can we resume tomorrow afternoon ? Leave me a contact.

Yes we can continue tomorrow. Just make a reply here and I will be notified.

Do you have 10-15 minutes? If yes then we can solve now only.

Otherwise just reply here and I will start the session.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Rushing,please leave me a contact for tomorrow.

Drop me a mail at***@******.***

I will remind you tomorrow at 12pm

Hi Ian, reply when you are free so that we can start the session.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I`m back Nathan

I am here Ian. Lets start the session.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1158d030-b38b-4fad-ba27-5a8c194e4eec

Ian, click this link then press I Agree on the page. A file will get downloaded. Just open that file so that I can connect.

Are you facing any difficulty in starting the session. You have to run the file which gets downloaded when you press I Agree on the link

Ian are you there? You have not started the session yet. Ask me if you are having any difficulty.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I`m here. I clicked the link and pressed Agree - I`ve done this several times -it`s got me no-where,nothing`s happened.

Ian I have made a video to show you what you have to do. Click this link and see.

https://nathan_mils-hotmail.tinytake.com/sf/NzQ0Njk4XzM0MTk0NDc

For starting the session click this link. Don't click the old one.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1bfd7967-8bb7-4f22-a6d5-6f02caaab05c

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I keep clicking on the link; NO page comes up with "I agree" in green- ONLY a picture of a smiling Nathan with various offers.

Have you checked your email

You can copy paste this link in your browser. You will see a page with I Agree written in the bottom.

Did you get to the I Agree page

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I`m getting to the stage of giving up.

Okay Wait.

I will try to help you out here only. If you are having trouble in opening the session.

Do you have the usb cable. It looks like the image attached.

Now take this cable. This has two ends. Connect the smaller end on your camera like this.

Have you done this much?

In your TV there is a usb port on the side of your TV as shown in this image.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do have the cable. Small end now connected to the camera, other end connected to the top port on the side of the tv. My pc here is 2 rooms from the tv so I have to go back and forth.

Take your time. Its ok. Now turn on your Tv.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
TV turned on

Now turn your camera on. Do you see any message on the screen.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A window comes up with;- New Device Connected. Ref at top;- C740UZ. Underneath 3 options;- Video - Photos-Music.After a short while the window disappears. All this happened yesterday when I nearly went mad.

Remove usb port from Tv, connect again. The message will come again and then from the remote, using the arrow keys, select video or pictures and press OK.

Update me Ian

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Large window appears & in top left emblem with DCIM / On top of window;- Samsung Link/photos/plug emblem/C74OUZ/DCIM / Top right outside window; DCIM / Top right corner;- Folder view 1/1 / Bottom right of screen;- Alogin Dview Enter emblem Tools emblem Return emblem.

Select DCIM folder. Your images will be located in this folder only.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nathan - success. I`m not sure how as I clicked around DCIM to get the right connection, finally got it, and enjoyed going through the photos. I`m too old for this and am retiring til tomorrow. At 88, computers are a struggle for me. What`s galling is the grandchildren-who live too far away-find it all simple. Thank you for staying with me. I`ll contact you again.Ian

I am glad that I could help you out. If you ever need any help, you can contact me. Have a wonderful evening. Rate me positively if you are asked to rate anywhere. Cheers!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nathan, I think now with your help I`ve conquered it. Thank you for your patience and persistence. When I`m next stuck I`ll come to you again.

Wonderful Ian. You can contact me anytime. I will surely help you out next time also. Have a good day.