Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Selphy CP820 I bought about a year ago, it works

I have a Selphy CP820 I bought about a year ago, it works perfectly producing fine prints.
but now it is not possible to return the screen to "seated" ------ we feel any further pressing down will damage the printer ----- Any Ideas?
regards,
John Mallichan living in Kent in the UK
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

over time, wear and tear on the hinge mechanism and on the ribbon cable will cause looseness in the hinge and slack in the cable, which ends up causing the screen to sit up slightly.

Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done to rectify this, except return it to Canon for refurbishment, which isn't cost-effective.

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly I could have made the situation clearer ------- the screen is "locked" firmly in the up, 45 degree, position---- the printer has only been used about 5 times since new.John
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

In that case there is likely an obstruction which will need to be cleared.

If you cannot see anything obvious then it would be best to return the printer to Canon to have the problem investigated.

Pete.