JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

After a very wet evening on a South African safari my Lumix

Customer Question

After a very wet evening on a South African safari my Lumix DMC-TZ30 lens will not come out. System Error(Zoom) shows on the screen but the batteries are fine. Is there anything simple I can do to sort this?
Liz
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Liz,

This sounds like you may have got some dirt inside of the lens, or the water may have corroded a cog.

With the unit fully dried out, battery compartment left open and the camera left in a dry warm environment, you can manually open the lens shutter with your fingers, and tap the lens so it moves in and out by a few millimetres (do not apply to much pressure though). Replace the battery and then try and turn on the camera, if you still get the same fault, turn it off, and as you turn it back on with your finger tips try and move it clock wise and anti clockwise by a few millimetres (no more), all of a sudden it should free and come out, at this point take a dry cloth and wipe around the outside of the lens, and turn the camera on and off a few times to make sure the lens is now free to move in and out unobstructed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Despite my best efforts this has not worked. Do you do a repair service and what would it cost?