JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I HAVE A SAM4S CASH REGISTER ER-380M. IT IS SHOWING E43

i HAVE A SAM4S CASH REGISTER ER-380M. IT IS SHOWING E43
WARNING
MEMORY ALLOC ERR
AND CONTINOUS BEEBING NOISE
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query.

Memory Allocation Error suggests the till program has become corrupt,I would suggest we start with an Initial Clear first to try and get the till back into the right state.

1. Unplug the register.

2. Turn the control lock to the P position.

3. Press and hold the key position where the SBTL key is located on the default keyboard layout.

4. While continuing to hold the SBTL key, plug the register into a power source.

5. The message "INITIAL CLEAR OK!” prints when the initial clear is complete.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for your response. Unfortunately it still says the same error.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sorry to hear this didnt resolve the issue.

The next step is to perform a memory scan which can be performed as follows:

1. Set the control lock to S-Mode

2. Enter 6 0

3. Press the SBTL key

4. Press the cash key

Please let me know what is displayed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,No this does not work. There is a continuous beeping noise as soon as I turn the key. It says E43.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

We can try another clear, this time in PGM-Mode and holding down the CASH key, turning the power off and back on.

After that please re-try doing a memory allocation scan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok the error message has gone now. It says closed on the screen and register mode closed. did the scan and it says warning sequence error.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to logging on, by pressing 1 then Clerk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok excellent its back to normal. The problem is still there though. The old data is still there. It is still showing previous company details. How do I add my company details on the print out receipts?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok to clarify the till is now operational, stopped beeping and the E43 error has cleared?

Its critical we clear any memory faults before going into make any program changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct. Back to operational. Thank you very much. Any idea how to add my company details onto receipt ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Please see attached 4 page quick guide, giving you common functions to perform.

With regard to changing the company details on the receipt you need to refer to the last section of the attached guide which explain how to adjust the 'Receipt Header'.

In essence in Program mode, enter 7 0 0 and press SUBTOTAL.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Though the video here isnt for your model the process is similar for changing your receipt, you may find it worth watching it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am on program mode and when I add all my company details on line 1 but the sub total button does not save it. When I press sub total it just adds the letter V.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have an older firmware version, press the X Time key key in place of sub total.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also which is the key for the space button
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The very top right key should act as a space (not sure why that doesnt have the word space on it though).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much that is sorted. But the previous persons company details still appears below line 6?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean at the bottom of the receipt rather than the top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the bottom of the receipt
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay to change the bottom text you change the line number to 7,8,9,10,11 or 12 which relates to 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines at the bottom of the receipt

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. You have been so helpful. One last question. How do you change the buttons to key in the type of goods sold. e.g. currently it says frozen on button 1 and dry goods on button 2. I want to change button 1 to fabric
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

You are now talking about advanced programming on the cash register.

I would refer to the till programming manual under the section Program 300 - PLU Descriptor Programming

To access the function, set the till to program.

Key in 300 then subtotal

Press the PLU key you wish to change

Change the wording\description as you did for the receipt and end by press x/Time

Press cash button to complete the process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect. One final question. The receipt is printing the amounts of the plu buttons. I only want the receipt printed right at the end only if I want it. Is this possible?